Thursday, February 7, 2008

OLD DOGS, NEW TRICKS

Who ever says you can't teach an old dog new tricks, don't have much respect for the older generation such as myself. I have been operating a excavator for the last two years, up till then i had never even sat in one, i got the job by knowing someone in management who i knew from my previous job[it's not what you know but who you know]. I gave myself my own on the job training. Just recently i taught myself HTML and general computer skills, now i'm teaching myself JAVASCRIPT. The younger generation has the advantage of learning computing at school, so they have the thought processes already installed, whereas we older folk have to really make our minds do somersaults to understand the terminology and processes of computing.
My wife is another example that we older folk are still capable of learning new skills. She is a few years older than me[she calls me her toyboy-HAHA], Lately she is joining a management course and also looking at learning REIKE.
So if there is any body out there that you know who think they are to dumb or to old to learn something new, Give them encouragement, don't laugh at them or say that it is to hard for them because you can give them some sunshine in their life and instill them with confidense to live their life to the fullest.

No comments: